Health in Istanbul
Istanbul which is positioned leader city of the medical tourism area, has a great deal of hospital chains, medical technologies and renowned specialists helping patients who come to city for treatment from around the world.
Specialities and Capabilities in Healthcare
Istanbul is preferred by international patients especially in Cardiovascular Surgery, Oncology, Organ Transplantation, cyberknife, Orthopedics, Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery, Hair Transplantation and nuclear medicine. Last year more than 750.000 foreign citizens came to Turkey, mainly they preferred to be treat in Istanbul.
The main reasons for choosing Istanbul for treatment are:
- There are many doctors who are very well-educated in the field and who speak foreign languages
- Shorter waiting times than Europe, America and many other countries in many medical procedures
- Istanbul has an excellent geographical position which is a crossroads between Europe and Asia have easy access to anywhere in the World
- Hospitals offer 5-star hotel comfort with world-class infrastructure and modern technology
- Safe treatment options and economic price norms
Hospital chains’s international departments arrange airport transfer, accomodation, translation and other relevant needs of international patients.
All hospitals are audited twice a year in accordance with safety, service and quality standards with national accreditation system by The Ministry of Health. Additionally to national accreditation system, many hospitals in Istanbul also have an accreditation the Joint Commission International (JCI) and ISO 9001 certification from international organisations.
Rapid and Efficient Communication
There is a call center which is established by Ministry of Health, serves German, English, Arabic, Russian, Persian and French languages. Tourists who came to Istanbul, can contact this call center 7 days 24 hours by calling 112 and 184 if they face any health problems.