BICYCLES IN ISTANBUL
Bicycles could be the perfect option to see Istanbul through a different perspective. You can have fun doing sports while discovering Istanbul at the same time. And by using bicycles in Istanbul, you can contribute to the protection of the environment. A healthy and sustainable way of transport, you can use bicycles to witness the beautiful landscape of the city.
An Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality company, ISPARK, offers this healthy and green means of transportation for all bicycle lovers by expanding ISBIKE “Smart Bicycle Sharing System” across the whole Istanbul, in order to promote the use of bicycles as a way of transportation besides sports and recreation.
Istanbul Bicycle Routes
- Ortakoy Bebek Seaside:With one of the best views of Istanbul, Ortakoy Bebek coastal road is quite ideal for riding bicycles. Here, you can enjoy riding your bike while smelling the fresh ocean. Also don’t forget that you are on one of the best routes to have a nice, delicious breakfast.
- Belgrad Forest:Another option for those that do not prefer biking in the city is also available within Istanbul. In Belgrad Forest, you can ride through a 16 km long parkour, completely one with nature. A pond will be waiting for you at the end of the parkour.
- Caddebostan Seaside:Caddebostan Seaside actually has a route reaching from Fenerbahce to Kartal. If you are confident of your biking skills, we recommend you this long track, however, you can always go biking at the Caddebostan parkour. This track is also the favorite of joggers, skaters and teens who are fans of picnics, besides bikers. Caddebostan Seaside will cheer you up with its colorful view.
- Kalamis Park:Kalamis Park is a place suitable for biking during both the day and the night. The pleasure of biking among the flowers blossoming on the Summer and Spring, and the smell of linden trees is utterly special. You can also have a picnic near the ocean in the park with wooden picnic tables.
- Buyukada (“Big Island”):Buyukada is one of the most special places that must be visited in Istanbul. The island is the largest of Istanbul, and is only a ferry away from the mainland. You can rent bicycles from the well-known bicycle shops, and discover the natural beauties and historical buildings by bikes. Fresh air and a fantastic view waits for you here.
- Historical Peninsula:It is the route you need to follow to observe the Old Istanbul. Historical mosques, palaces, buildings, churches and traditional districts will be waiting for you along the ride. We suggest you to observe this route with a tour, with the help of a guide.